Career Transitions Center
The Career Transitions Center of Chicago (CTC)
The Adler School has partnnered with the CTC to provide free programs for Adler School Alumni. The CTC is a not-for-profit organization which provides support to those seeking a job, looking for meaningful work or otherwise undergoing a career transition. Adler School Alumni receive a discount on CTC's career programming.
The overarching goal of CTC is to successfully facilitate the job searches of its clients through training, support and fellowship. They provide clients with the following services:
- Job Coaches provide advice on every phase of the job search including skills and talent assessment, development of marketing tools (resumes, letters, etc.), plans of action, company and industry research, job interviewing, compensation negotiations, networking, and more
- “Building Skills” workshops for conducting a successful job search [resumes, networking, interviewing; negotiating] are offered every month
- Weekly peer support groups featuring speakers and networking opportunities
- Newly renovated space featuring nine cubicles equipped with computers, dedicated counter space for clients with their own laptops, and private coaching offices
Virtual Services for Adler School Alumni
With the launch of CTC Chicago's Virtual Services this summer, Adler School of Professional Psychology alumni outside of Chicago can now benefit this partnership as well. Alumni can access online virtual services that assist with resumes, search communications, provide online mock video interviews, and enable the creation of a personal job search website. All of these efforts are supported by qualified CTC career coaches. In the first quarter, virtual clients will receive weekly one-on-one coaching sessions (via phone or Skype) with CTC career coaches around topics such as:
- Career visioning and positioning
- Market research to identify target opportunities, organizations and employment strategies
- Organizing communications and outreach
- Developing a plan for progress with goals and action steps
- Thoughtful conversations that will encourage, clarify and hold the job seeker accountable to progress.
Career Transitions Center of Chicago
703 W. Monroe St.
Chicago, IL 60661
Phone: (312) 906-9908
Fax: (312) 906-9930