Awards & Recognition
The Adler School is proud to be recognized by numerous organizations for the many ways we are leading social change in our communities. Here are just a few of the accolades we've garnered over recent years:
- The Adler School of Professional Psychology has earned a coveted spot on the 2012 President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll. The Honor roll is the highest acknowledgement an institute of higher learning can receive from the Federal government in recognition of its dedication to service learning, volunteerism, and community engagement. Adler School was also on the honor roll in 2010 and 2011.
- Adler Community Health Services' (ACHS) Adler Community Mental Health Pre-doctoral Internship Program in Clinical Psychology was re-accredited for seven years in 2011 by the American Psychological Association.
- The Adler School of Professional Psychology was awarded the 2011 Advocacy Award, for outstanding contributions in education and training of advocacy and public interest issues (The National Council of Schools and Programs in Professional Psychology)
- The MA in Counseling Psychology: Specialization Rehabilitation Counseling program at the Adler School of Professional Psychology achieved the first ever CORE accreditation given to a graduate school of professional psychology in 2011.
- The Adler School of Professional Psychology (Adler Online), has been recognized by a national higher education consortium for best practice in innovating faculty and student support systems for blended education in the year 2010.
- The Community Service Practicum, a curricular hallmark at the Adler School in preparing future practitioners to address systemic improvements to community mental health, has been recognized by the American Psychology Association Board of Educational Affairs in 2008 as an “Innovative Practice in Graduate Education.”
- The Adler School of Professional Psychology has been awarded the Military Friendly School designation of G.I. Jobs, a leading magazine for military personnel transitioning into civilian life. The magazine’s 2013 Military Friendly Schools list honors the top 20 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America’s military service members and veterans as students. Adler was also on the list in 2012.
- In 2012, The Adler School’s Chicago campus was awarded the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED Gold Certification- the internationally recognized accreditation that represents the highest standards in indoor environmental quality and resource stewardship.
- The Adler School of Professional Psychology is one of the two recipients of the 2007 Board of Educational Affairs Award for innovative practices in Graduate Education in Psychology. This is a significant and prestigious recognition by the American Psychological Association.