Friday, February 01, 2013 - Saturday, February 02, 2013
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
This interactive workshop is designed for teachers, counselors, school staff and administrators who want an effective discipline approach that integrates social and emotional learning while reducing challenging student behaviors. Workshop participants will learn how to:
- Develop a large teaching toolbox of kind and firm discipline approaches
- Establish explicit classroom structures and procedures
- Create an equitable classroom community based on mutual respect
- Understand the motivation behind students' misbehavior and how to encourage positive change
- Facilitate effective class meetings teaching social skills and problem-solving
General Public: $335 Early Registration received and paid by Jan. 1, 2013, Regular Registration $370 (includes materials). Registration fee for non-students includes a complete curriculum, Positive Discipline in the Classroom book and manual.
Adler School Students: $290 Early Registration if received and paid by Jan. 1, 2013. Regular Registration $325 if paid after Jan. 1, 2013. Price includes books.
CPDU’s available for Illinois State Certified Teachers
To Register: Register at www.positivediscipline.org or contact the Positive Discipline Association: email@example.com or call toll free: 1-866-POS-DISC (1-866-767-3472).