Stay connected by
attending our events.
6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Chicago Campus, Community Hall
The Adler School LGBTQ Mental Health and Inclusion Center in affiliation with Chicago Lakeshore Hospital present: Mental Health and Clinical Interventions with LGBQ Latino Youth.
2 C.E.U.’s will be offered for LCP, LCPC, and LCSW licenses.
This is a free Continuing Education event and dinner, which provides a forum for discussion of the social, cultural, and emotional components that impacts the life of LGBQ Latino/Hispanic adolescents and their families.
Participants will learn to:
- Understand the multiple minority identities of these adolescents.
- Increase understanding of the Hispanic/Latino ethnicity and culture.
- Identify psychosocial and cultural factors that influence the Latino/Hispanic GLBQ adolescent development and self-identity.
- Discuss the coming out process within a multiple minority identities framework.
- Identify and explain therapeutic interventions to strengthen the youth self-identity and improve the family dynamics.
- Identify community resources
R.S.V.P. is required, email CE@adler.edu.