Emergency Management Leadership Curriculum
The Adler School is poised to offer this program beginning fall 2013, pending approval by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The M.A. in Emergency Management Leadership is a 37 credit hour program that can be completed in as little as 24 months. Successful completion of this program includes the following required courses.
- EML 500: Foundations of Emergency Management Systems (3 credits)*
- EML 501: Law and Politics of Emergency Management (3 credits)
- EML 502: Psychology of Terrorism (3 credits)
- EML 503: Disaster Response, Recovery and Continuity (3 credits)
- EML 504: Private Sector Emergency Management Strategies (3 credits)
- EML 505: Leading in Times of Crisis (3 credits)*
- EML 506: Essentials of Effective Communication (3 credits)
- EML 507: Group, Organization and System Development (3 credits)
- EML 508: Disaster Mental and Behavioral Health Applications in Emergency Management (3 credits)
- EML 509: Research Methods for Leaders in Emergency Management (3 credits)
- EML 510: Supporting Functional Needs Populations in Disasters (3 credits) [CEP component]
- EML 511: Emerging Issues in Emergency Management and Homeland Security (3 credits)
- EML 512: Capstone Project (1 credit)*
*Requires an on-campus component as part of the required weekend residency.
Total credit hours: 37