Leading social change.
Public Policy and Administration Curriculum
The Master of Arts in Public Policy and Administration, Urban Mental Health concentration is a 36 credit hour program. The courses required for this program are offered evenings from 6:00-9:00 pm to accommodate those who may be working full-time. Students who complete two courses per term will be able to complete the degree in two years. More information, including course descriptions and sequencing, can be found in the Adler School Catalog.
- PPA-500: Theories of Public Policy and Administration (3 credits)
- PPA-501: Political Economy and Economic Analysis in Public Policy Development (3 credits)
- PPA-502: Ethics in Public Service (3 credits)
- PPA-503: Collaborative Policy Making and Civic Engagement (3 credits)
- PPA-504: Public Finance (3 credits)
- PPA-505 Research Methods I: Quantitative Research Methods (3 credits)
- PPA-506: Research Methods II: Qualitative Research & Community Consultation (3 credits)
- PPA-507: Organization Theory in Public Administration (3 credits)
- PPA-508: Capstone/Fieldwork Experience in Public Policy (3 credits)
Concentration Courses in Urban Mental Health
- PPA-509: Urban Mental Health Part I: Ecology Matters (3 credits)
- PPA-510: Urban Mental Health Part II: Diagnosis and Service (3 credits)
- PPA-511: Topics in Urban Policy – Critical Urban Mental Health Issues (3 credits)