Become an Alumni Ambassador.
Adler School Alumni Ambassadors
The Alumni Ambassador program is comprised of Adler School alumni volunteers who have agreed to serve as a resource for various levels of programming in The Adler School community. This is an opportunity for alumni to give back to the School and for students to benefit from our graduates’ experience.
Alumni may offer their support, guidance and expertise by:
- Providing expertise on navigating the job market.
- Advising on starting a private practice.
- Guiding graduates looking to specialize in certain fields.
- Hiring interns.
- Serving as a peer or site supervisor.
- Providing post-doc support to our Psy.D. alumni.
- Supporting young professionals navigating the licensure process.
- Contributing your expertise in an alumni feature on the Adler School Blog.
- Telling us about your success in an alumni profile on the website.
- Working with Office for Institutional Advancement staff to raise funds for programming and scholarships
Our graduates can serve as an Alumni Ambassador by:
- Mentoring. Be a mentor for a single student or a small group.
- Developing. Direct professional development workshops for fellow alumni and current students.
- Discussing. Lead a Roundtable for students seeking advice on a variety of topics.
- Networking. Attend campus student organization networking events to help facilitate connections and advise students on the current job market and their field.
- Sharing. Tell us about your success in an alumni profile. Contribute your expertise to our blog.
- Visiting. Work with Advancement staff to visit alumni and donors in support of fundraising efforts.
- Encouraging. Ambassadors are asked to attend open houses and/or be available via phone or email to answer prospective students’ questions and provide insight into the Adler School experience
- Speaking. Campus student organizations want alumni speakers for their programs and events.
- Interviewing. Attend Student Interview Days and meet the next generation of Adler School practitioners.
We are always looking for creative ways for alumni to volunteer. If you have a different idea for how you would like to give back, contact us. Email Wendy Crupper, Director of Alumni or call 312.662.4036 to join the Alumni Ambassador program or discuss your ideas.