Future Leaders Fund
ASAA Future Leaders Scholarship Fund
The Adler School Alumni Association values it role as a resource to new alumni and current students and is committed to providing support to the next generation of practitioners. To this end, the ASAA has launched the Future Leaders Scholarship Fund to provide at least five individual scholarships up to $1,500 each for current students to attend and participate in workshops and seminars, conferences, and other professional development opportunities. No awards will exceed $1,500 and may be less.
Additional funds may be sought by students through the Adler School Student Professional Development Scholarship Fund. For more details, contact Greg MacVarish, Associate Vice President of Student Affairs.
Awards will be presented to current students at both the Chicago and Vancouver campuses, and will represent various programs for both M.A. and Psy.D. degrees. Awards are contingent on student’s good standing with the School and as funds are available.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Although not required to be awarded scholarship funds, priority will be granted to students who are presenting at conferences.
- Student must attach brochure for event that describes content and date, location, registration and other fees, etc.
- All scholarship recipients will be required to provide testimonial to the Adler School Alumni Association about their experience and either a written report or 15-20 minute presentation at an ASAA-sponsored event or program.
Students interested in applying for the ASAA Future Leaders Scholarship Fund must submit the following written application:
- Download form online
- Applicants will be required to complete a section on the application that details the projected expenses, including, registration fees, lodging, airfare or other transportation, meals, etc.
- Attach a copy of the conference/event brochure
- Include a brief essay (maximum 250 words) describing the professional development learning outcomes and benefits the student will derive from this experience. Note: Students who believe they have extraordinary financial circumstances should address that need within the context of the essay.
The fund will launch on April 1, 2013, with applications being accepted through July 15, 2013 with scholarship recipients announced on August 1, 2013. Once this fund has been established in 2013, applications may be accepted year-round, with awards presented at a time that is appropriate to the conference or other event to be attended.
Application forms may completed online or downloaded and submitted to Nadia Whiteside, Director of Alumni Relations, Chicago campus, #16-507. Questions should be directed to Nadia at 312.662.4036 or email@example.com.
- Funds awarded must be used within the Adler School fiscal calendar, August 1- July 31.
- Receipts for conference expenses must be submitted no later than August 31 of the award year.
- Students must provide testimonial and written or oral report to the ASAA within three (3) months of attending the conference/event.