At Adler University, we take great pride in our diverse student body. Students represent a wide range of professional interests, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and academic and work histories. We admit individuals with a record of outstanding academic achievement and a commitment to social responsibility.
The minimum requirements for admission include:
- A baccalaureate degree from a college or university that is regionally accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency, or an equivalent academic degree from a foreign college or university (note: if you are nearing completion of a baccalaureate degree, you may apply for early admission contingent upon successful degree completion)
- Fulfillment of minimum admission requirements for your program of choice
- Acceptable proficiency in spoken and written English
Possession of the minimum requirements does not ensure admission. The University reserves the right to admit or deny admission based on the professional judgment of faculty and administration involved in the admission process.
Applying for Admission
To apply to Adler University, please submit the following:
- Application for admission
- Autobiographical essay/personal statement
- Application fee
- Official transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate school attended (U.S. and Canada)
- Three Letters of Recommendation with accompanying electronic recommendation form.
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- A GRE general test score is required as part of the application for our Psy.D. program. However, GPA and GRE scores are only one component of our application criteria. Each applicant is reviewed holistically, taking factors such as personal and professional experience into consideration. Applicants are encouraged to contact the Office of Admissions to discuss their unique qualifications. The GRE must have been taken within 5 years of your intended start term.
- GRE scores for Master’s applicants are not required, though you are welcome to submit your scores for consideration.
Evaluation of Applications
The Admissions Committee evaluates applicants on a number of factors:
- Academic performance
- Content and clarity of written and verbal communication
- Strength of recommendations
- Personal and professional presentation throughout the admission process
- Community service interest and/or experience
- Prior professional work experience
- Integrity, motivation, and personal ethics
If we approve your application, you’ll interview with a member of Adler University's faculty.
Acceptance of Admission
The Director of Admissions will notify you of acceptance in writing. To complete the process, you must submit the applicable tuition deposit.
If accepted for admission, you may receive transfer credit for graduate-level courses previously taken at other accredited institutions. You must submit a transfer credit request to the Office of Admissions. A maximum of 12 credit hours may be transferred into an M.A. program, and a maximum of 24 credit hours may be transferred into the Psy.D. program.
Students wishing to transfer from other graduate programs must submit a letter from the dean of their previous program stating they are in good academic standing and free from academic or disciplinary inquiry or action.