Diversity Scholars Program
Adler University's Diversity Scholars Program is an enrichment program for promising undergraduate students from underrepresented racial/ethnic groups. This weekend experience (October 1-4, 2015) is designed to expose, educate, and prepare participants for graduate work in psychology. Students selected for this program will be provided with opportunities to:
- Build authentic long-term relationships with current graduate students and faculty through an ongoing mentorship program.
- Experience social justice in action by participating in a community project with the Institute on Social Exclusion or the Institute on Public Safety and Social Justice.
- Preview a graduate psychology course with Adler University faculty.
- Receive practical tips related to selecting a graduate program, strengthening your admissions application, and funding your education.
The following expenses are covered by Adler University: Airfare (or mileage reimbursement for those students driving to campus), lodging, meals, all required materials for workshop sessions, and all scheduled activities. The following expenses will not be covered: car rentals, shuttles, baggage fees, any additional costs resulting from missed flights, or expenses due to modifications to airfare after the initial ticket is secured.
Adler University's Diversity Scholars program is designed for individuals who:
- Are a member of a racial or ethnic group that is underrepresented in education (African American, American Indian, Alaskan Native, Hispanic/Latino, or Native Pacific Islander)
- Are a U.S citizen or permanent resident currently enrolled in undergraduate coursework
- Have completed a minimum of 45 semester credits (67.5 quarter credits)
- Demonstrate a strong academic record and a genuine interest in graduate psychology education
Due to limited space in this program, the following application materials should all be received no later than Friday, June 5, 2015:
- A completed application form;
- One letter of recommendation (preferably from an instructor);
- Official transcripts;
- A current curriculum vitae;
- An essay (approximately 500 words) discussing why you are interested in the program and how it fits with your future goals.
Inquiries related to this program may be sent to email@example.com or contact us at 312.662.4168.