History

The Legacy of  
the Adler University  
Harold & Birdie  
Mosak Library

The Legacy of
the Adler University
Harold & Birdie
Mosak Library

History

Our Library was established in 1952 by Harold Mosak, one of the founders and original faculty members of Adler University, formerly Adler School of Professional Psychology. In Adler’s first years the Library’s collection was built by small donations from students and instructors, and held just sixty books. Today, the Chicago Campus library is named for Harold Mosak and his wife Birdie, and features a complete collection of resources.

Our Library offers one of the world’s finest archives of Adlerian psychology materials. Since its founding in 1952, the Adler University Library has been providing resources to mental health professionals across the globe, and serving as a tool for improving the study of mental health for Adler University faculty, staff and students.

Visit the Adler University Harold Mosak Library, get access to our collections, receive assistance from our expert Library staff, and advance your Adlerian learning.