Military Benefits

Helping veterans become 
agents of social change.

Helping veterans become
agents of social change.

Veterans Education Benefits

Adler University participates in the full spectrum of Veterans Education Benefits through the US Department of Veterans Affairs. Please click the links associated with each bullet for full program details and payment rate information.

  • Post-9/11 GI Bill: Provides tuition, fees, books/supplies and housing assistance to eligible veterans. Tuition & fees are paid directly to Adler University by the VA. Tuition & fees assistance is capped by the VA and is adjusted each academic year. For the 2016-2017 academic year, the maximum amount is $21,970.46. Benefit rates vary based on the veteran's circumstances. Some veterans may be able to transfer their benefits to a dependent.

Adler University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Veterans entitled to the maximum benefit rate are eligible to receive additional tuition & fees amounts if their costs exceed the $21,970.46 cap.

Effective with the 2016-2017 academic year, Adler University is committed to supporting an unlimited number of 100% benefit level Post-9/11 GI Bill students for all tuition and fees amounts above the standard national cap. This means that all Adler students who meet the eligibility criteria to receive Yellow Ribbon support will have 100% of their costs covered for the year.

Details regarding eligibility for the Yellow Ribbon Program are available on the VA's Yellow Ribbon Program information page.

If you qualify for participation in more than one Veterans Education Benefits program, the VA website provides a comparison tool to help you determine which benefits might be right for you.

Ready to use your benefits?

Veterans interested in using their benefits at Adler for the first time should:

  1. First-time using VA Education Benefits? Apply for benefits through the VA. If the veteran has never used their veterans benefits at an institution before, then this step must be completed.
  2. First-time using VA Education Benefits at Adler University? Submit form 22-1995 or form 22-5495 (as appropriate) online. If the veteran has used veterans education benefits before, but is a first-time benefits-user at Adler University, then the appropriate form must be submitted.
  3. First-time veterans at Adler University must provide a copy of their Certificate of Eligibility from the VA (as well as any change of program forms from step 2, above) to the Office of Financial Aid before benefits can be certified with the VA.

All documents can be mailed, faxed or scanned and emailed to our office. Please be sure to indicate your name and student ID number (or Social Security Number) on all documents.