At the Adler School of Professional Psychology, we take great pride in our diverse student body. Students represent a wide range of professional interests, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and academic and work histories. We admit individuals with a record of outstanding academic achievement and a commitment to social responsibility.
The minimum requirements for admission include:
- A baccalaureate degree from a college or university that is regionally accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency, or an equivalent academic degree from a foreign college or university (note: if you are nearing completion of a baccalaureate degree, you may apply for early admission contingent upon successful degree completion)
- Fulfillment of minimum admission requirements for your program of choice
- Acceptable proficiency in spoken and written English
Possession of the minimum requirements does not ensure admission. The School reserves the right to admit or deny admission based on the professional judgment of faculty and administration involved in the admission process.
Applying for Admission
To apply to the Adler School of Professional Psychology, please submit the following:
- Application for admission
- Autobiographical essay/personal statement
- Application fee
- Official transcripts from each undergraduate and graduate school attended
- Three Letters of Recommendation accompanying the Adler School recommendation form.
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- GRE scores are required for all Psy.D. applicants. We only require scores from the General Test.
- Please note, the GRE must have been taken within 5 years of your intended start term. Scores that fall outside of the 5 year deadline will not be accepted.
- GRE scores for prospective students applying to master’s, Ph.D., and DCFT programs are not required, though you are welcome to submit your scores for consideration.
We are currently accepting applications for our Fall 2015 term. Most programs fill quickly, so we encourage you to begin the application process early. While we accept applications throughout the year, the following deadlines ensure that students receive full consideration prior to programs being full. For questions regarding programs and space availability, please contact Admissions.
|Admissions Deadlines||Early||Priority||Space Available|
|All doctoral programs||December 1, 2014||February 15, 2015||August 15, 2015|
|All M.A. programs||February 1, 2015||April 1, 2015||August 15, 2015|
|All Online programs||Rolling Admissions – Spring and Fall terms|
Evaluation of Applications
The Admissions Committee evaluates applicants on a number of factors:
- Academic performance
- Content and clarity of written and verbal communication
- Strength of recommendations
- Personal and professional presentation throughout the admission process
- Community service interest and/or experience
- Prior professional work experience
- Integrity, motivation, and personal ethics
If we approve your application, you’ll interview with a member of the Adler School faculty.
Acceptance of Admission
The Director of Admissions will notify you of acceptance in writing. To complete the process, you must submit the applicable tuition deposit.
If accepted for admission, you may receive transfer credit for graduate-level courses previously taken at other accredited institutions. You must submit a transfer credit request to the Office of Admissions. A maximum of 12 credit hours may be transferred into an M.A. program, and a maximum of 24 credit hours may be transferred into the Psy.D. program.
Students wishing to transfer from other graduate programs must submit a letter from the dean of their previous program stating they are in good academic standing and free from academic or disciplinary inquiry or action.