David Katz, Ph.D. Chicago Campus
"Psychologists are agents of change, from the
individual level all the way to the society level."
- David Katz, Ph.D.
David Katz, Ph.D.
Program Chair, Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology
Psychologists are agents of change, from the individual level all the way to the society level. This is how we teach and train here at the Adler School. As Chair of the Clinical Psychology Department, I believe our goal is to provide state-of-the-art education for our students. To do so, we focus on academic rigor, innovation, meaningful experiences, and building strong connections with our communities. Our students participate directly in the operations of the department, and are given a voice in shaping their professional identities throughout their training.
As for areas of scholarship, I’m most interested in curricular development, neuropsychology of emotion, transgender psychology, and human rights related to LGBTQ communities.
Please e-mail or call me (312-662-4353) if you have questions or would like more information about me.
- Ph.D., University of Kentucky
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Neuropsychology, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
- Board Certified in Clinical Neuropsychology, American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP)
- Licensed Psychologist (California)
- Registered Psychologist (British Columbia – out of province status)
- Katz, D. (2010). Neuropsychology on the frontline. [Review of the book Military Neuropsychology by C. H. Kennedy & J. L. Moore (Eds.)]. PsycCRITIQUES, 55 (46). doi:10.1037/a0021399
- Katz, D. & Magalhaes, C. (2010). Current controversies in transgender psychology: Increasing diversity awareness. California Psychologist,43(3), 10-13.
- Cunningham, M., Goldstein, M., Katz, D., O’Neil, Q.S., Joseph, A., & Price, B. (2006).Coalescence of Psychiatry, Neurology, and Neuropsychology: From theory to practice. Harvard Review of Psychiatry, 14(3), 127-140.
- Huffman, D., Priola-Surowiec, V., & Katz, D. (2012). Excellence in outcome assessment: Ideas, tools, and practices. Workshop for the National Council of School and Programs of Professional Psychology. New Orleans, LA.
- Magalhaes, C., Magalhaes, E., Duran, R., Theodore, P., & Katz, D. (2011). Exploring feminine identity from transgender women's perspectives. Paper presentation at the Biennial International Symposium of the World Professional Association for Transgender Health. Atlanta, GA.
- Lechuga, D., Katz, D., & Stucky, K. (2010, October). Ethics and professional issues in neuropsychological supervision: Professional practice guidelines. National Academy of Neuropsychology conference. Vancouver, BC.
- Schweitzer Fellowship: Member, Advisory Council (2011-12)
- American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP): Member, Leadership Group of Trainers (2011-12)
- National Council of Schools and Programs in Professional Psychology (NCSPP): Delegate for Adler School of Professional Psychology (2011-present)
- NCSPP: Member, Ad-hoc committee for Internship Eligibility Guidelines (2011)