Duanita G. Eleniak, Ph.D. Vancouver Campus
"The sense of community at Adler University is profound and I appreciate the chance to participate in learning and growing with such a wonderful group of people."
Duanita Eleniak, Ph.D.
Duanita G. Eleniak, Ph.D.
Program Director, Master of Counselling Psychology: Art Therapy
As a registered clinical social worker, registered art therapist, philosopher of consciousness studies, educator, and author I value the role that the arts play in the transformation of consciousness. For me, daily engagement with creative source energy is essential to living a dynamic, joyful life. This is what I love to inspire in relationship with my students, clients and all those that enter my world.
As a young child I was called to work in the field of the healing arts. During my career which has spanned more than three decades now, I have been privileged to witness the mysterious healing process that happens when we engage with the creative process. My interests are in the area of transpersonal psychology. I am always excited to learn more about the cutting edge connections being made between and across fields of enquiry at this point in history. I am particularly interested in creating therapeutic environments and the impact that they have on the healing process. I have worked with canine co-therapists and continue to explore the intricacies of inter-species cooperation in these therapeutic adventures with clients, communities and ourselves!
I enjoy my work at Adler especially because of the focus on social responsibility. This value connects with my early work as a clinical social worker in battered women shelters, rape crisis centers and with action groups helping to change the sexual assault laws in Canada in the eighties. The sense of community at Adler University is profound and I appreciate the chance to participate in learning and growing with such a wonderful group of people.
I have always loved learning and have recently been exploring the new channels of information distribution through online books, courses, podcasts and blogs. I hope that I will be able to inspire students and colleagues to share their profound work and ideas in these online channels in order that ‘academia’ move beyond the ‘ivory tower’ and our knowledge, wisdom and experience becomes accessible internationally to empower people through access to information.
Please email or call me (604.988.5689) if you have any questions or would like more information about me.
- Ph.D., Philosophy of Consciousness Studies, International University of Professional Studies
- MSW, Masters in Social Work, University of Hawaii (Manoa)
- ATR, Masters Certificate In Art Therapy, BC School of Art Therapy
- B.S.W., Bachelors in Social Welfare, University of Calgary
- Performing Artist, Diploma in Performing Arts, New Image College of Performing Arts
- Eleniak, D. (2013). Introductory Course to Images and Intentions. Canada: The Mentoring Store.ca.
- Eleniak, D. (publisher), & Rand, E. (2013). A Jasmine Journey: Carl Jung’s Journey to India and Ceylon. Canada: Mentoring Store.ca.
- Eleniak, D. (2012). Be the Change. Canada: MentoringStore.ca
- Eleniak, D. (2012). Program to Activate your Business Consciousness. Canada: MentoringStore.ca
- Eleniak, D. (2011). The Role of the Arts in Shifting Consciousness. Canada: MentoringStore.ca
- Introduction to Images and Intentions, MentoringStore.ca, current
- Art Therapy with Street Youth, American Art Therapy Association, current
- Counselling Ethics and the New Worldview, Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association, current
- How Do ITalk to My Children about Going to a Counselor?, MentoringStore.ca, current podcast
- The Role of the Arts in the Transformation of Consciousness. 8th International Hawaii Conference on Arts and Humanities, January 2010.