Karen Koch, Psy.D. Chicago Campus
"We are privileged to work with clients and families
who demonstrate how much courage it takes to
grow and become the individual one is
truly meant to be."
- Karen Koch, Psy.D.
Karen Koch, Psy.D. HSPP, CAADC
M.A. in Counseling, Specialization in Forensic Psychology Program
I am a life-long learner and believe that education takes a variety of forms each and every day. We learn and grow a little more each day through observation, interaction, reflection, and participation. I encourage my students to become cognizant of linking knowledge to practice. Lessons in the classroom need to be integrated with the lessons in life to assist in contributing positively to change in the world.
I would also like students to be aware that they are also mentors and role models for others, even when they are unaware of the difference they are making in the life of another. Working within the forensic population is always rewarding; however, it is not always evident that your work is as meaningful as you intended. We are privileged to work with clients and families who demonstrate how much courage it takes to grow and become the individual one is truly meant to be. The commitment to social justice and demonstration of social responsibility are evident in active engagement with a marginalized forensic population.
I have shared with my students that within the world there will always be people who teach you how to be, and those who teach you how not to be. My students continue to teach me how to be. My research interests continue to reflect my dedication to the law enforcement community and specifically the subculture of law enforcement.
Please e-mail or call me (312-662-4320) if you have questions or would like more information about me.
- Psy D. Clinical Psychology, Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- M.A. Clinical Psychology, Chicago School of Professional Psychology
- M.H.S. Addictive Studies, Governors State University
- B.A. Criminal Justice, Governors State University
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist (Illinois)
- Health Service Professional Provider (Indiana)
- Certified Advanced Alcohol and Drug Counselor (Illinois)
- American Psychological Association
- American Counseling Association
- Illinois Counseling Association
- Illinois Mental Health Counselors Association
- Duty to Protect: Working with Law Enforcement and Their Families. American Counseling Association Conference, March 2010.
- 911 We Make House Calls: Counseling with Police. Illinois Counseling Association Conference, November, 2011.