Kristina S. Brown, Ph.D. Chicago Campus
Kristina S. Brown, Ph.D., LMFT
Chair, Couple and Family Therapy Department
Associate Professor, Couple and Family Therapy Department
Dr. Brown specializes in couples and families, medical family therapy, endometriosis, chronic illness, LGBTQ couples and families, infidelity, divorce, and parenting.
Please email or call me (312.662.4312) if you have questions or would like more information about me about the Couple and Family Therapy programs.
- Ph.D., Marriage and Family Therapy, Syracuse University
- M.A., Marriage and Family Therapy, University of San Diego
- B.A., English, Minor in Women’s Studies, University of Colorado at Boulder
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT), Clinical Fellow & Approved Supervisor
- Illinois Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Director
- Torres Bernal, A., Le, K., West, A. M., & Brown, K.S. (in press). An examination of rates, rank, advancement, and salary of women faculty in COAMFTE-accredited training programs. Journal of Feminist Family Therapy
- Harvey, R., Brown, K.S., Miller, B., Williams-Reade, J., Tyndall, L. & Murphy, M. (2016) Theory into Research Practice: Reflections and Recommendations on Collaborative Feminist Research. Journal of Feminist Family Therapy, 28 (4): 136-158. doi: 10.1080/0892833.2016.1235410
- Brown, K.S. (2016). An Ode to My Uterus. Families, Systems, & Health, 34 (2): XX. doi: 10/1037/fsh0000205
- Upton, M., Carwile, T., & Brown, K.S. (2016). In their own words: A qualitative exploration of last statements of capital punishment inmates in the state of Missouri, 1995 – 2011. Omega: Journal of Death and Dying, 0(0): 1-19. doi: 10.1177/0030222816652972
- Brown, K.S. & Janousek, T. (2015, September). The Utilization of the Consensus Rorschach with Couples. American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy 2015 Annual Conference, Austin, Texas.
- Brown, K.S. (2015, June). Women’s Issues in Mental Health. Presentation to Heart of America Psychology Training Consortium, Springfield, Missouri.
- Petinelli, D. & Brown, K.S. (2015, April). Understanding Self of the Therapist as the Cornerstone of the Therapeutic Process. Presentation at the Missouri Association of Marriage and Family Therapy 2015 Annual Conference, Warrensburg, Missouri.
- Brown, K.S. & Brown, R. T. (2014, October).Working with Families with Children with Special Needs. Missouri School Counselors Association Annual Conference, Osage Beach, Missouri.
- Brown, K.S. & Cerio, E. (2014, June). Creativity in Therapy: Using the Family Floor Plan and Family Sculpt. Invited Presentation at The Hidden Impact Conference: Impact of Addiction on the Family System, Springfield, Missouri.
- Brown, K.S. (2010, October). How Having a Chronic Illness Made Me a Better Medical Consumer. Presentation at the Collaborative Family Healthcare Association 12th Annual Conference, Louisville, Kentucky.
- Brown, K.S. Dyspareunia Due to Endometriosis: A Qualitative Study of Its Impact on the Couple Relationship. Poster session presented at the 10th World Congress on Endometriosis, Melbourne, Australia.
- Recipient of the 2014 Distinguished Service Award for Education from the Missouri Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (MOAMFT), 2014
- Recipient of the President’s Award from The School of Professional Psychology at Forest Institute, 2014
- Recipient of the Family Process New Writer’s Fellowship, 2014
- Springfield Business Journal’s Class of 2013, 40 Under 40, 2013