Robert Baker, Psy.D. Chicago Campus
"I teach at the Adler School because of the students.
I am inspired by their energetic and enthusiastic
exploration of the same issues that continue to
interest me in the field of clinical psychology."
-Robert Baker, Psy.D.
Robert Baker, Psy.D.
Core Faculty, Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology Program
I believe that learning is an active process and attempt to promote a lively exchange of ideas and information between students and myself using a variety of teaching tools and techniques. I am passionate about both the clinical practice and the science of psychology and consistently blend my extensive knowledge of the science and theory of the field with real-life examples from my many years of clinical practice in a wide variety of clinical settings.
In addition to its clear focus on the issue of justice and the promoting of community involvement, the Adler School is also uniquely Adlerian. The School’s rich tradition of training clinicians in the practice of Adlerian psychology has always been central to the School’s mission and this work continues today as it has for more than the past 60 years.
I teach at the Adler School because of the students. I am inspired by their energetic and enthusiastic exploration of the same issues that continue to interest me in the field of clinical psychology. It’s a unique challenge and privilege to participate in the training of the next generation of clinical psychology professionals.
Please e-mail or call me (312-662-4338) if you have questions or would like more information about me.
- Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, Adler School of Professional Psychology
- M.A., Counseling Psychology, Adler School of Professional Psychology
- B.A., Economics, Michigan State University
- Baker, R., Donders, J., & Thompson, E. (2000). Assessment of incomplete effort with the California Verbal Learning Test. Applied Neuropsychology, 7, 2, 111-114.
- An introduction to Sex Offender Treatment, Chicago Police Academy, 2008
- In-service Presentation on AIDS Dementia Complex, Adler School of Professional Psychology, 1995
- Seminar: Conducting a Needs Assessment Survey, Adler School of Professional Psychology, 1995
- In-Service Presentation on Neuropsychological Assessment, Dixon State Penitentiary, Dixon, IL, 1995
- American Psychological Association
- North American Society of Adlerian Psychology
- Psi Chi – National Honor Society in Psychology
- American Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers
- National Alliance of Professional Psychology Providers
- International Society for Neurofeedback & Research
- Association for Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback
- Chicago Counsel on Science and Technology
- American Association for the Advancement of Science