Wendy Paszkiewicz, Psy.D. Chicago Campus
Wendy Paszkiewicz, Psy.D.
Vice President of Academic Affairs
I am a licensed clinical psychologist and my primary area of interest is the integration of socially responsible practice in the education and training of future mental health professionals. I am also interested in child and adolescent well-being and development, advocacy, leadership, and women’s issues. I have been in higher education for 15 years and have served in administrative/faculty positions including Director of Clinical Training and Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs prior to my current role.
My current activities include serving as the President of the National Council of Schools and Programs in Professional Psychology (NCSPP) and a Federal Education Advocacy Regional Coordinator (FEDAC) for the American Psychological Association (APA) Education Government Relations Office. I received the 2011 Education Advocacy Grassroots Distinguished Service Award from the American Psychology Association (APA) Board of Educational Affairs. I am also actively involved in my local community and serve as a member of the Board for the Hoffman United Soccer Club.
Please email or call me (312.662.4211) if you have questions or would like more information about me.
- Psy.D., Clinical Psychology , Illinois School of Professional Psychology/ Chicago
- B.S., Psychology, Michigan State University
- President-Elect, National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology (NCSPP)
- Co-Founder and Past-President, Association of Chicagoland Externship and Practicum Training Sites (ACEPT)
- Member, Association for the Advancement of Psychology (AAP)
- Member, American Psychological Association
- Member, Illinois Psychological Association
- Lally, S.J., & Paszkiewicz, W.B. (2011). Are there fish in the sea as good as ever came out of it? A response to using the common-pool resource paradigm to resolve the internship imbalance. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 5, 205 – 208.
- Paszkiewicz, W.B. & Steil, J. (2009, January). Balancing work and family. Presented at the annual convention of the National Council of Schools and Programs in Professional Psychology, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
- Paszkiewicz, W.B. (2009, August). Women in the academy: Prospects and promises. Discussion leader, Oxford Round Table, Oxford, England.
- Barve, C., Paszkiewicz, W.B., & Khan, A. (2007, April). Strengthening the Social Consciousness of Psychology Trainees. Presented at the annual conference of the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers, San Diego, California.
- Gruba-McCallister, F. & Paszkiewicz, W.B. (2006, May). Using Service Learning to Train Socially Responsible Graduate Students. Presented at the annual convention of the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology, Chicago, Illinois.
- Gruba-McCallister, F. & Paszkiewicz, W.B. (2006, April). Using Service Learning to Train Socially Responsible Graduate Students. Presented at the annual convention of the Higher Learning Commission, Chicago, Illinois.
- Paszkiewicz, W.B. (2005, January). Presentation of data from the 2005 NCSPP Self Study, and complementary data from the 2006 Graduate Study in Psychology and 2004-05 Faculty Salary Survey. Presented at the annual conference of the National Council of Schools and Programs in Professional Psychology, Las Vegas, Nevada.