Take Advantage of This Exciting CME/CE Opportunity
This conference activity is eligible for a maximum of 11 educational credit hours.
- For psychologists and interested non-psychologists: The Adler University will provide American Psychological Association continuing education (CE) credits.
- For physicians: The UIC College of Medicine at Chicago will provide continuing medical education (CME) credits.
- For social workers: The UIC Jane Addams College of Social Work will provide CE credits.
1. To identify and describe gaps in medical care by applying a social determinants framework to address health disparities.
2. To identify and assess provider/patient/system-based factors and social macro-structures in ways that yield informed priorities that could contribute to reducing health care disparities.
3. To encourage medical doctors to differentiate between health and health care by applying important themes from social epidemiological evidence to enhance culturally competent physician management of vulnerable populations.
4. To determine how physicians may become advocates for social change at the local, state, and national levels by developing insights and strategies that enhance provider/patient communication and support population health.
This conference has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago and the Adler University. The University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago designates this conference activity for a maximum of 11 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The Adler University is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education programming. The Adler University maintains responsibility for this program and content. This conference activity is eligible for a maximum of 11 APA credits. Click here to download the CME/CE flyer.
For more information or to learn how to apply, contact us via email.