Community-Supported Violence Prevention Strategy:
A Contextual Assessment of Drivers of Community Violence
The Community Violence Prevention Collaborative (CVPC) was designed to act as a catalyst in building collective efficacy among community residents to mobilize, organize, and reduce violent behaviors toward youth, adults, and seniors. The Adler University partnered with the Quad Communities Development Corporation (QCDC), in collaboration with Washington Park Consortium, South East Chicago Commission, and Chicago Area Project, to conduct community research to identify individual, community, and societal factors that contribute to high levels of violence and use this data toward creation of a violence-prevention strategy. Targeted communities included Chicago neighborhoods of Grand Boulevard, Kenwood, and Washington Park.
To read more news about the Adler University, click here.
Our quarterly newsletter features articles that highlight the relationships among the many critical movements, ideas, and discussions that seek to combat the problem of social exclusion. Please click on the links below to read previous issues.
- Fall 2014 - Volume 8, Number 3
- Summer 2014 - Volume 8, Number 2
- Fall 2013 - Volume 8, Number 1
- Summer 2013 - Volume 7, Number 5
- Spring 2013 - Volume 7, Number 4
- Fall 2012 - Volume 7, Number 3
- Summer 2012 - Volume 7, Number 2
- Spring 2012 - Volume 7, Number 1
- Fall 2011 - Volume 6, Number 5
- Summer 2011 - Volume 6, Number 4
- Spring 2011 - Volume 6, Number 3