Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.)
The only Psy.D. program of its kind:
focused on graduating socially
Who We Are
Founded in 1952 to advance the work of Alfred Adler—recognized as the first community psychologist and the grandfather of positive psychology—Adler University educate students to engage the world and create a more just society.
Our Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D) in Clinical Psychology uniquely trains students for clinical psychology practice with nationally recognized emphasis on cultural competence and socially responsible practice.
Within our program, students can choose one of seven emphases to focus on a specific area in clinical psychology .
- Advanced Adlerian Psychotherapy
- Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- Military Clinical Psychology
- Primary Care Psychology and Behavioral Medicine
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Traumatic Stress Psychology
Accredited by the American Psychological Association, Adler University’s Psy.D. program aligns with the scholar-practitioner model of training and education developed by the National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology. We offer:
- Small class sizes that average 10.6 students.
- Intensive practicum and internship opportunities through our extensive network of hundreds of healthcare, human service, government and other training sites—including an APA-accredited internship available only for Adler students.
- A diverse teaching faculty of practicing clinicians, educators, scholars, advocates, and mentors.
The Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) program is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) (750 First Street, NE, Washington, DC 20002, 202-336-5979, www.apa.org/ed/accreditation).
You believe a better world is possible, and you want to be part of it. We share your vision.
To receive information on Adler University admission requirements and application deadlines, please complete the form below.
By submitting the form below, I ask to receive email, text messages, and calls about degree programs on behalf of Adler University. I also agree that automated technology may be used to dial the number(s) I provided. I understand this consent is not required to enroll.