Who We Are
At Adler University, we educate students to engage the world and create a more just society. Founded in 1952 to advance the work of the first community psychologist Alfred Adler, we provide master’s and doctoral programs for counseling in a range of high-demand fields of practice.
Our comprehensive programs provide strong theoretical knowledge, clinical skills and training for social responsibility in counseling practice—a focus unique to Adler University. In our latest alumni survey, nearly 91% of respondents reported employment within a year of graduation—in a wide range of community, corporate, government, healthcare, private practice, and other settings at the local, regional and national levels.
- Learn in small classes—averaging 11 students each—from our highly diverse faculty of experienced practitioners, educators, mentors and scholars.
- Complete intensive practicum and clinical experience, and graduate prepared for licensure and practice.
- Connect with a close-knit network of cohorts, faculty, staff and alumni who can provide support, mentorship and networking opportunities in your chosen program of counseling study.
Doctoral Counseling Programs
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Counselor Education and Supervision Overview
- Doctor of Couple & Family Therapy
Master of Arts (M.A.) Counseling Programs
- Counseling: Art Therapy
- Counseling: Specialization in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Counseling: Specialization in Forensic Psychology
- Counseling: Specialization in Rehabilitation Counseling
- Counseling: Specialization in Sport and Health Psychology
- Couple & Family Therapy
Our mission—to graduate socially responsible practitioners, engage communities, and advance social justice—guides our counseling curriculum, training and the entire Adler student experience. It’s what attracts people to study, teach and work with us. Learn more about us today.
Adler University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
You believe a better world is possible, and you want to be part of it. We share your vision.
To receive information on Adler University admission requirements and application deadlines, please complete the form below.
By submitting the form below, I ask to receive email, text messages, and calls about degree programs on behalf of Adler University. I also agree that automated technology may be used to dial the number(s) I provided. I understand this consent is not required to enroll.