Doctorate in Clinical Psychology - Vancouver
Focused on graduating socially
Who We Are
Adler University educates students to engage the world and create a more just society. Founded in 1952 to advance the work of Alfred Adler—recognized as the first community psychologist and the grandfather of positive psychology—we are known for our mission-driven curricula and our focus on socially responsible practice.
Employment in this field is expected to continue its strong growth due to national healthcare priorities and increasing social need. Our Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D) in Clinical Psychology uniquely trains students to address the need through clinical psychology practice with recognized emphasis on cultural competence.
Our faculty are practicing clinicians, scholars, researchers, and educators. Our program aligns with the scholar-practitioner model of training and education outlined by the Mutual Recognition Agreement of the regulatory bodies for professional psychologists in Canada, as well as the National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology—to develop knowledge, skills, and values in seven core competency areas: relationship, assessment, intervention, research and evaluation, consultation and education, management and supervision, and individual and cultural diversity.
- Western Canada’s first and only doctoral clinical psychology program—and Canada’s only program focused on preparing socially responsible practitioners
- A rigorous, intensive, curriculum designed to be completed in five years
- Unique emphasis on socially responsible practice with intensive community-based training
- A diverse teaching faculty of practitioner-scholars and mentors
- Immersive coursework, small classes, and real-world experience before graduation
- New student scholarships based on financial need, academic excellence, mission relevance, and community involvement, and more
All Adler University master’s and doctoral programs in Vancouver are offered under the written consent of the British Columbia Minister of Advanced Education, having undergone a quality assessment process and been found to meet the criteria established by the Ministry. Prospective students are responsible for satisfying themselves that the program and the degree will be appropriate to their needs.
You believe a better world is possible, and you want to be part of it. We share your vision.
To receive information on Adler University admission requirements and application deadlines, please complete the form below.