JOB TITLE: Core Faculty - Psy.D. Program
The Adler School announces full time core faculty openings for academic year 2013-2014 in the clinical psychology (PsyD) program.
- Applicants must have a doctorate degree in Psychology (PsyD or PhD) from an APA-accredited program
- Demonstrate a strong record of graduate level teaching, familiarity with the scholar-practitioner training model (the local scientist model in particular), and evidence of proficiency in scholarship and other professional activities.
- It is preferred that clinical faculty have an Illinois license or be license-eligible.
- The positions require excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to collaborate effectively with students, faculty, and professional staff.
- A particular commitment of the School, rooted in Adler's emphasis on social interest, is training psychologists to work with marginalized and underserved populations and who are committed to social justice. Demonstrated commitment to socially responsible practice, social justice issues and diversity are important.
Position duties include teaching in the PsyD program, providing service to the Adler and greater professional community, participation in committees, chairing dissertations, and effectively mentoring graduate students. We are particularly interested in candidates with expertise in the areas of child and adolescent psychology, Adlerian psychology, EBP interventions, assessment, and research and statistics, especially expertise in qualitative and program evaluation methodologies.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until all positions have been filled. Applicants should submit a detailed curriculum vitae, the names of three professional references with contact information, two to three course syllabi and/or teaching samples for review, and a letter of interest electronically to email@example.com or by mail to: David Katz, Ph.D., ABPP, Chair, Clinical Psychology Department, Adler School of Professional Psychology, 17 N. Dearborn Street, 15th Floor, Chicago, IL 60602. Prior to an offer of employment official transcripts and letters of recommendation will be required. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. A range of full benefits are provided and are detailed further at www.adler.edu. The Adler School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ethnic minority individuals and women are especially encouraged to apply.