Info Apply Share

Request Information

You need a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution to enroll in Adler University programs.

Okay

In the Media | 01.03.19

Art Therapy Graduate Shares Interest in the Arts and Working with Youth

Elissa McNicholas, a graduate of the Masters in Counseling: Art Therapy program in Chicago was featured on Medium. In the interview, McNicholas shared her personal connection to the arts and art therapy.

“Through my connection to the arts, I feel I am able to remain curious and explorative as well as express myself when words aren’t enough,” McNicholas said.

She also shares how she has partnered with a Chicago nonprofit to use her passion for art therapy to empower youth by connecting through art.

“Using art and discussion with the students has me feeling very connected to the community and Chicago,” McNicholas said. “To me, it gives people a chance to try something new and think about things in a way that maybe they haven’t yet, to spark new interests and ideas in younger people, and I think that’s amazing.”

Read the Medium post, “Meet TSG Art Instructor, Elissa McNicholas.”