Info Apply Share

Request Information

You need a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution to enroll in Adler University programs.

Okay

Dr. Brown Discusses Inclusion in Research on Revise and Resubmit Podcast

In the Media | 01.12.21

Kristina S. Brown, Ph.D., Chicago Campus Chair and Professor of the Couple and Family Therapy Department, was recently interviewed on the “Revise and Resubmit” podcast. The podcast features academic writers and explores their approach to writing. Dr. Brown, who is the new Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Feminist Family Therapy, discussed her process of writing for publications and the importance of collaborating and co-authoring to include an array of diverse voices.

“What I want to do differently is, instead of just giving voice using my privilege, but inviting in collaborators and coauthors who identify in those marginalized populations. Not just having a group of white authors or myself as a white woman writing about it but instead bringing in their voice using my privilege in a different way,” Dr. Brown said. “That’s something that has really shifted for me as I think about the projects moving forward. That was really some self-learning that I’ve done recently around my scholarly identity.”

Listen to the Revise and Resubmit podcast episode, “Eighth Submission with Dr. Kristina S. Brown” or read a transcript of the conversation.