- A baccalaureate degree or equivalent from an accredited institution, preferably in psychology or counselling-related discipline.
- A grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale for all undergraduate or graduate coursework.
- The equivalent of at least 12 semester credit hours in baccalaureate-level psychology coursework with a grade of C or better. These courses must include introductory psychology, abnormal psychology, research methods, and a fourth foundational course in life span/development.
- Coursework or volunteer/work experience that involves the use of counselling-related skills and demonstrates counselling capacity is required.
Applicants are required to submit the following items to be considered for admission:
- Application and application fee
- Statement of Intent (2-3 pages double-spaced) answering the following questions:
- Why are you interested in your chosen field and program?
- Why is Adler University’s program a good fit for you?
- What are your career goals and interests?
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended (U.S and Canada)
- Please have official transcripts sent directly to the Office of Admissions
- Unofficial transcripts are accepted for any schools in which a degree was not received
- Three letters of Recommendation
- These should be from someone who can specifically speak to your academic and professional abilities
Approved applicants will be invited to complete an interview with faculty. Please submit all application materials to the Office of Admissions prior to the application deadline.
International applicants are also required to submit the following:
- Course-by-course transcript evaluation
- All transcripts from outside of North America (including Mexico) must be evaluated by a transcript evaluation service such as World Education Services (WES) (www.wes.org) or Educational Credentialing Evaluators (ECE) (www.ece.org). Please note that we require all official transcripts (and official translations if not in English) as well as the course-by-course international credential evaluation.
- If a WES ICAP course-by-course evaluation is ordered, applicants will only be required to submit the official international credential evaluation to the University as this service provides a verified copy of the official transcript(s) and translations to the University.